Saturday, November 7, 2009

Do the housework

Blind Melon – Soup
This album is appropriately named after a comfort food. I started with this one because it’s nice and easy for waking up, but with energy of positive darkness. It’s deep and intimate, yet silly and loose. Like any album you know a lot of words to, this is also a good one for warming up vocal chords.   

Queens of the Stone Age – Queens of the Stone Age
Another good sing along album. By this time, the bedroom was clean, and the hot water had finished its’ morning coffee and was ready to help me wash dishes. Mid scrub on a frying pan I thought about how great it would be if Josh Homme, Nick Oliveri, and Dave Grohl played this album live I would follow them for months. Homme blew it and chased away Oliveri, and now we’re left to suffer the directionless pop disaster left behind.

Faith No More – Album of the Year
It was tough to decide which FNM album to play, but landed on this one mostly for “Stripsearch.” I had finished the first sink of dishes, and since my kitchen doesn’t feature a dishwasher, mine dry by air, so it was off to shave my head and take a shower. Since I had to de-clothe for the shave, “Stripsearch” was an obvious choice. I admit; I didn’t make it through all of “Pristina.” By the time I got back from walking the dog, I wanted to start something new, so, like Jason Hawes from “Ghost Hunters” would say, “on to the next.”  


Baroness – The Blue Record
This album gets better and better every time. Great from start to finish, this was a good soundtrack for putting away the first round of dishes, and most of the second sink full of disgraceful dishes. By the time this was over, so was the second rack of dishes, and only pans to soak.

BREAK TO WATCH FOOTBALL

Megadeth – Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying?
My dog loves this album, as it inevitably makes me play air guitar, and she thinks it’s a game. She especially likes “Devil’s Island,” and, as always, my favorite is “My Last Words.” There’s almost nowhere to go after this one, but thankfully, there’s this band:

Oxes – Oxxxes
My iPod just informed me that I need to re-burn Oxxxes. The first five tracks are alright, but the rest are all short of full songs. What the hell, Apple? Way to ruin a musical Saturday. Actually, thanks, this means I can stop doing housework and watch some more football. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment